Learn about the current issues that HUD and DOJ are focused on!
With everything else going on in the world, it’s easy to lose focus on whatever doesn’t make the headlines or six o’clock news. When it comes to fair housing compliance, that can be downright dangerous, so please invest an hour to learn – or review – what HUD (and DOJ) are up to regarding fair housing compliance.
Join this informative session by Fair Housing expert speaker Doug Chasick, CPM, CAPS, CAS, SLE and get updated on the current issues that HUD and DOJ are focused on, which will allow the you to review current business operations and make appropriate changes to ensure compliance with the fair housing laws.
In addition, all atendees will get a PDF copy of the slide presentation including a list of URLs of relevant resources and citations.
- Implementation of the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) program,
- How the Disparate Impact Rule is being used in filing complaints,
- How COVID-19 has created Fair Housing concerns,
- Advertising and Marketing Issues
- Discrimination against specific protected classes
- The continuing evolution of the protected class of Sex
- Recent complaints and settlements
- Anything else that shows up before the date of our session!
Who Should Attend
- On-site and multi-site Property Managers
- Maintenance Professionals
- Training and Development Professional
- Marketing Professionals
Doug Chasick, CPM®, CAPS, CAS, ADV. RAM, CLP, SLE, CDEI
Doug Chasick, “That Fair Housing Guy”, and former President of The Fair Housing Institute, has more than 46 years of investment real estate experience, and has been the President or CEO of five real estate companies, responsible for portfolios of over 28,000 apartments, and more than 8 million square feet of commercial, retail and industrial properties. Doug was awarded his Certified Property Manager designation in 1979 and was a member of the Institute of Real Estate Management National Faculty for eight years. He is a Senior Instructor member of the National Apartment Association Education Institute Faculty and leads...